Your official Wimbledon picnic, complete with glasses, Lanson and hot smoked sourdough crumpets.
Well, the good news is that Wimbledon is definitely on, but as with everything else less people, and less public participation - the famous queue is off.
This doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t make the most of the event. We need these Summer occasions. Apart from the obvious enjoyment tennis brings to the party they punctuate the year. So let’s kick off with a home picnic. The official version. The ‘Lanson at home picnic’.
The Lanson Champagne is limited edition, and the bottle sports a very dashing polo shirt in club colours, and you can sip it from the official Wimbledon champagne flutes. The chocolate truffles are really styled on small tennis balls, and the menu is British from the hot smoked salmon sourdough crumpets to the Jersey Royals. Will there be strawberries? OF COURSE, there will be strawberries - accompanied by tasty pink peppercorn shortbread fingers.
So tune in on the big telly, open all the windows, find a rug or two and hunker down, even better find a big screen, lay out the spread and you’re there. Your very own ‘Henman Hill’.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU?
- Ritchie's of Rothesay hot smoked salmon with sourdough crumpets, caviar butter and lamb’s lettuce
- 'Henman Hill' sweet onion and smoked cheese tart
- Coronation chicken served in baby gem parcels
- Isle of Wight heirloom tomatoes with smoked beetroot, Rosary goats cheese with aged balsamic, thyme and single origin olive oil
- Bowl of English greens (sugar snaps, green beans, tenderstem) with pickled golden beetroot and horseradish gremolata
- Buttered Jersey Royal potatoes cooked with garden mint, peas, asparagus and radish salad with soft boiled Burford Brown egg and brioche croutons with a truffle and chive dressing
- British strawberries with Estate Dairy pouring cream and pink peppercorn shortbread fingers
- Champagne Lanson chocolate truffles
Available Fridays 2nd & 9th July (but can be eaten over the weekend)
The delivery charge is included anywhere in Mainland UK
Deliveries within the M25 will be made using our own courier company in temperature-controlled vans. Deliveries outside the M25 will be made by DPD using their guaranteed next-day service.
The picnic is sent to you using an ecologically sound Woolcool temperature-controlled packaging system.
The picnic is best enjoyed within 24 hours of delivery.
If this product contains one of the major allergen groups we will advise you under the allergens label. The main allergen groups that we must label on our packaging are:
Gluten, Crustaceans, Eggs, Fish, Nuts, Peanuts, Soya, Milk, Celery, Mustard, Sesame, Sulphites, Lupin, Molluscs
Please note there may be traces of all allergens including nuts, peanuts, gluten and milk in some of our products due our kitchen cooking other dishes using some of these items. We do not operate an allergen-free supply chain.
Our picnic partners, Feast London, have the highest Food Hygiene rating from the Food Standards Agency of 5 stars, which reflects the excellent standards they maintain in their premises. They are committed to maintaining these high standards through the current COVID-19 pandemic and will be taking extra precautions to ensure the products we deliver are safe.