Learn how to fix and maintain your bike, available for beginners, intermediate or specialist bikes. A full-day course.
WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT?
If you own a bike, then sad to say, you will need to learn how to mend a puncture. Are you a stranger to an allen key? Can you balance a brake caliper? Are you whizz with an oil can? Can you lubricate your parts? If the answer to the above is yes, no, no and which parts? Then you need a lesson from the experts. Knowledge is all, and once you become ‘Dr Bike’ your cycle will thank you for it. You will be a safer more confident road user and ensure that your bike is a pleasure to ride.
WHAT WILL I BE LEARNING?
No excuses now. Depending on your cycle savvie you can choose between two different levels of experience.
THE ALL IMPORTANT DETAILS
- This is an adult class, open to those over 16.
- Location is the famous VeloPark in Lee Valley.
- Starts 10am - 4pm and runs once a month on a Saturday.
- You or your recipient can choose which course is suitable on choosing your date
Our partners, Bikeworks CIC, is a social enterprise. Their profits fund socially impactful work - you'll be giving back while you learn!
Beginners Course Covers:
- Roadside puncture repair – removal of wheel and tyre
- M-Check (learning how to check that major components are safe and roadworthy, making minor adjustments)
- Removal and refitting of brake blocks, balancing brake calipers
- Adjusting brake cable tension
- Preventative care e.g. how to clean and lubricate your bike parts
Intermediate Course Covers:
- An in-depth look at brakes (cables, maintenance)
- Setting up gears
- Derailleur limit screws demonstration
- Principles of adjusting derailleur (front and rear) also known as indexing
- Basic wheel truing
HOW DOES IT WORK?
All you have to do is pay for the gift experience you wish to purchase. We’ll send a voucher including booking information to you or directly to the recipient. You or your recipient needs to check the information on the voucher and book your experience date.